Monday, June 2, 2008

Installment #27 - Housing market-related


Selling and buying a home should be exciting, but, to me, it is so stressful. I've been fixing up my house for a bazillion years, it seems! Will I ever get done? I had put down vinyl flooring last year and loved it - this year, the white ones (I did a kelly green/white checkerboard pattern) turned yellowish. So, I decided to do it all over again - this time I am doing it in "faux wood" - so far, it's very pretty. Knock on wood!

I plan to sell my house and buy another soon - hopefully a foreclosure or at least a decent priced fixer-upper. My current home has a "great room" - the 'open floor plan' that is so popular today. But, I feel that it's a lot of wasted space - I'd prefer storage and work areas as opposed to blank space. I've got a serious search ahead of me!

Anyhow, I keep my TV on HGTV (I'm in love with David, Barry, and George!) and I am looking around for good deals. No luck so far, but I can't give up - it'll happen. I hope.

I've googled 'foreclosures' and 'real estate listings' and 'sell my home' and 'buy a home' - of the 40, only 9 were not good.

Here are the results of sites I've checked into:

BAD:
  • realtor.com
  • homes.com
  • loopnet.com
  • ibuyhouses.com
  • homegain.com
  • realtytrac.com
  • foreclosuredata.com
  • emailforeclosures.com
  • foreclosurestore.com
GOOD:

I would love to talk to people out there in cyberspace who may be going through some of the same things I am. The preparation, the financing, the architectural preferences, dealing with agents, dealing with sellers, dealing with contractors, et cetera. Drop me a line at hanna dot geni at yahoo dot com or leave it in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Thank for your valuable blog. West Walker Steel is a leader in selling steel and buying steel! We've been in the secondary steel industry for a combined 250 years, making us a leading steel broker across the US. Get more information please visit here http://www.westwalkersteel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Really Very nice post Such a useful information thanks for sharing
    Home For sale In bellflower

    ReplyDelete