Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Installment #53 - (Christmas) Clip Art




It's coming, folks - whether you like it - or not. The holidays - Christmas, Kwanza, Hannukah, the New Year's celebrations - festivities or pandemonium - however you want to look at it or whatever you call it!

I have been slowly digging out all the decorations and trying my best to plan ahead with some semblance of positive anticipation. Ugh! It's killing me! Oh, to be young again!

Clip art plays an enormous part in brightening up experiences online during the holidays. But, all that glitters isn't gold!

I checked into 16 "Free Christmas Clip Art" websites and visited all but 1 - because I had all kinds of bells & whistles going off when I tried. Two of them get a 10 out of 10 - 5 stars - my ultimate praise. Eight were okay - nothing to jump up & down about. Six were "No Way!"

Here are my results:

BAD:
  • christmas-graphics-plus.com (This is the one that supposedly has "malicious behavior")
  • freegraphics.com (this is actually a directory of links - I never trust them - nor should you!)
  • hellasmultimedia.com (I don't know what happened here - it used to be very good.)
  • holiday-clipart.com (Many reports of bad links.)
  • clip-art.com (Another directory)
  • freeclipartpics.com (Not really bad, just NOT really FREE!)
EXCELLENT:
GOOD:

No comments:

Post a Comment