Thursday, April 24, 2008

Installment #20 - Random Personal Favorites


I went through my bookmarks tonight just for the heck of it. I checked on 25 of the many sites I had bookmarked over the past 2 or 3 years, and found 6 that were not good! Needless to say, I deleted them.

Here are my results
:

GOOD:
NOTE: Heartsandminds is a site dedicated to social change, like anti-poverty, anti-racism, etc. Scamsbeware is a free consumer resource center. Peteranswers is probably the best prank ever invented - you've GOT to check it out! Tadalist is a site for all of your to-do lists. The Criticker community recommends films; Hulu is similar to, but many claim better than, YouTube. Mopie and the bfdblog promote body image for the less-than-skinny. Bitterslut and Bitchoftheday are both sites to vent particular angers. Startupnation is for those wanting to start a business or promote an invention. Cool-teens gives teenagers honest answers. Do yourself a favor - be adventurous and try out some of my favorites!

BAD:
  • fool.com
  • pageaday.com
  • adultswim.com
  • anywho.com
  • grsites.com
  • yuwie.com
All-in-all, the best advice I was ever given and feel 100% confident to pass along, is, when on the Internet, take your time. Don't be impatient or too trusting. Check and double check everything. Read the 'Terms and Conditions' and the Privacy Policy. Utilize a "throw-away" email address (like disposeamail, mailinator, or mailnull) and most of all, be curious and have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment