Friday, March 28, 2008

Windows Trusted Antivirus=HiJacker PeoplePC_Toolbar

In the title, is the name 'Windows Trusted Antivirus' - if you see it, RUN!!! Cut the power to your PC and wait. It is a terrible virus! And I got it while working for you!

I went to McAfee's Site Advisor, as usual, to check for a safe site with free friendship ecards. I looked up 'mienet.net' - and since it had no warnings of any kind, I proceeded. Wrong! The second I got there I was doomed!

I immediately cut my power and waited a little bit. I restarted and disabled my Internet connection. I then ran all of the utilities that I had: Ad-Aware 2007, Spybot Search & Destroy, AVG Antivirus, Ccleaner, Spysweeper, and Spyware Doctor. One of them determined that I had a medium threat infection called HiJacker PeoplePC_Toolbar.

I believe I am okay now. After running and re-running all of my utilities, I seem to have a clean bill of health.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment