Saturday, March 14, 2009

Installment #48 - Free Clip Art and/or Graphics



I needed some graphics for a sign I was making so I had to check out the websites for free clip art and such. I checked out 21 sites and only found 6 that were absolutely safe and another 6 were absolutely dangerous. Seven of the 21 were semi-okay except that they utilized third-party tracking cookies to an excess and 1 had excessive pop-ups (even with a pop-up blocker) and 1 had a seriously bad link.

So, here are my results, broken down further than I usually do:

BAD:

  • 1clipart.com
  • clipartcastle.com
  • hellasmultimedia.com
  • clipart.com
  • clip-art.com
  • allfree-clipart.com

Too Many Third-Party Tracking Cookies:

  • free-clip-art.com
  • hasslefreeclipart.com
  • allfreeclipart.com
  • barrysclipart.com
  • royaltyfreeclipart.com
  • 321clipart.com
  • ace-clipart.com
Excessive Pop-ups:
  • free-clipart.net
Bad Link (cliparts-download.net):
  • cksinfo.com
GOOD:

No comments:

Post a Comment